Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Beauty Tips for Healthy Skin
Makeup can help cover up unwanted areas and help enhance your beauty. But, the best thing to help your face look healthier and better and to be able to feel good about yourself is having good skin! I know that I always feel better about myself when my skin is clear and I only have to wear light foundation. So here are some tips to help your skin be healthy and flawless!
1. Find out what your skin type is. Your skin could be a combination of things or just one. There are many different types of skin types that range from dry, normal, and oily. Once you find out what your skin type is make sure that you are buying the right products for your skin types and make sure your read the packaging to be positive it is right for your skin.
2. If you are out between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. use a face lotion that has SPF within it to protect your skin from sun damage.
3. Limit the time you spend taking a hot shower! The steam from the hot shower can take away natural oils that your skin needs.
4. Exfoliate at least 1-2 times per week to remover dead skin and help keep your skin bright and healthy. Also try and do a moisturizing masque to help keep your skin firm and hydrated. Use another masque at least once a week to help detoxify your skin. I like to use Neutrogena Scrubs (look at my neutrogena products posthttp://fashionaffair08.blogspot.com/2011/02/neutrogena-products.html) I also like to use Queen Helene Products to moisturize and detoxify my skin. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque for removing oils and detoxifying.
6. Don't! Pop Pimples! It leaves scars and if your hands are not clean when you do it can make your acne worse.
7. If you wear glasses or sunglasses makes sure to keep them clean so that you don't keep putting dirts and oils onto your face.
8. After washing your face don't rub your face dry with a wash cloth. Always pat dry so that you don't remove any natural oils or irritate the skin.
9. Also make sure to change your pillow case once or twice a week.
What do you do to keep your skin healthy?
Also check out the poll and Vote!