Monday, April 4, 2011

Empowered Plums, Maybelline & Bourbon, Max Factor

Maybelline Empowered Plums is my new and favorite Eye-shadow quad  by Maybelline. This quad is very similar to the Holiday Truffles Trio eyeshadows that I posted on earlier (http://fashionaffair08.blogspot.com/2011/03/holiday-truffles-maybelline.html) but features this dark plum colored crease color. This quad comes with two shimmery colors the outer corner color and the brow bone color. It also has two matte colors which are the lid and crease color. What I love about these quads are that they show the way that they are intended to be use and what areas they are for. I think this is perfect for beginners who want a simple neutral eye. As always you don't have to follow the way that Maybelline intended the colors to be worn and can do your own thing!

What I really love about the colors is that last all day and don't crease and with the crease and outer corner color this quad is perfect for taking a day eye into a evening eye! I brought two of them one for travel because it makes it easier to have all the colors I need to create my eye look in one quad instead of hauling a bunch of loose eye shadows!

Max Factor is a brand that I rarely buy makeup from for some strange reason. But, anyway, I thought I would take a look at there products and buy at least one item on my shopping trip. Well, I came across this beautiful color Bourbon! I know many people might just think that its an ordinary brown color but what I like about it is that its actually more of an off brown color, which makes it different! The color has tiny flecks of gold in it for just a touch of something sparkly but other than that it is matte color. I like to use this on mornings when I am in a rush or if I am just going grocery shopping or getting my car inspected. A day when I really don't feel the need to put on  a lot of makeup. Bourbon works great for an allover lid color and almost gives a sultry brown eye which I love!
Whats your favorite Maybelline Trio/quad? Or do you have any recommendations for which Max Factor Products to try?

1 comment:

  1. great maybelline palette :) wish we have the same ones as you do here.
    anyways..if you're interested to do a swap let me know (i'm from europe):)

    ReplyDelete